The HeartStart XL defibrillator/monitor, at just under 14 pounds, is easily transported throughout the
hospital to the site where cardiac care is needed. A combination manual device with automated external defibrillator
capabilities, HeartStart XL enables the first caregiver on the scene, whether an ALS or BLS clinician, to deliver
lifesaving defibrillation therapy. In AED mode, voice prompts and text messages guide BLS users through the
defibrillation process, while HeartStart XL continuously monitors and displays the patients ECG. Upon the arrival
of ALS personnel, HeartStart XL is easily switched from AED to manual mode, allowing operators to access the units
advanced therapeutic features such as selectable energy (from 2–200 Joules), non-invasive pacing (optional), SpO2
(optional) and synchronized cardioversion.
• Manual and AED operation
• ECG monitoring with pads
• Selectable limits and alarms
• Liquid crystal display
• 50mm strip chart printer
• Data storage/event summary
• Mark events
• SMART Biphasic waveform
Easy to Use
• 1-2-3 Operation. Defibrillation is intuitive
for all users.
• AED Mode.Voice and text prompts guide
users through the defibrillation process. 150
Joules non-escalating, pre-set energy level.
• Paddles (optional). Anterior/anterior adult paddles
convert to pediatric by removing the outer contacts.
• Multi-function Defibrillator Pads. Adult and
pediatric pads for defibrillation, ECG monitoring,
pacing and synchronized cardioversion.
• Adult paddles with
indicators (PCI). Pediatric
• Non-invasive pacing
• 5-Lead ECG
SMART Biphasic Technology
SMART Biphasic waveform
is clinically proven superior to high-energy,
monophasic waveforms for efficacy and for
minimizing postdefibrillation heart dysfunction.
• Impedance Compensation. Measures chest
impedance and delivers a low-energy shock
based on patient s unique physical requirements.
• Quick Charging. Charges to highest energy
level, 200 Joules, in less than 3.5 seconds.
• Synchronized Cardioversion. Philips SMART
Biphasic waveform has undergone clinical
testing, demonstrating its effectiveness for
cardioversion of atrial fibrillation.
Lightweight, Compact, Durable
• Grab and Go. Less than 14 pounds (6.35 kg).
• Compact. Easily fits on a standard
• Rugged. Withstands the rigors of hospital
use and patient transport.